7 Signs your baby might be Teething
7 Signs your baby might be Teething
We’ve all heard of ‘Teething’, but how do we know if our baby is doing just that?
Here are 7 signs that show your baby might be teething:
1. Dribbling & Drooling: this is usually the first sign that shows your baby is teething and it can begin up to 2 months before the first tooth ever appears! Yikes!
2. Chewing on solid objects: When teething, babies seek relief from the discomfort. They will try to chew almost anything that comes in near contact with their mouths and this is a sign your baby might be teething. You’ll notice that your fingers and knuckles may be some of the first solids they try to chew.
3. Swollen Gums: as the drooling and chewing continues, you may find that your baby’s gums become swollen and feel harder when touched – this is a sign your baby might be teething. You can check for this with clean fingertips and rub them gently – your baby will likely enjoy this.
4. Clingy behaviour: Just as adults do when they are in pain, babies get a bit upset when they are teething. The pain and discomfort can be too much and they need pressure to relieve the discomfort (chewing) or some sort of distractions (clinginess and fussiness). This is a sign your baby might be teething.
5. Waking more frequently during the night: Yes, unfortunately your baby may show signs of teething by waking more frequently at night time. This is because the discomfit unsettles them. Teething gels can help settle them.
6. Irritability and crying: Understandably the pain and discomfort of cutting teeth can be too much. Babies will often cry more to tell you that they are in pain and it is bothering them. Cuddles are needed!
7. Rosy cheeks and bum: Although there seems to be no proven link, it seems that some little ones will get rosy cheeks or sore bums when they are teething. It is also common for babies with ailments such as eczema to have flare ups.
These 7 signs your baby might be teething are great indicators to help you work out what might be wrong,
if your baby doesn’t seem herself. Of course – if you’re ever worried then you should consult your doctor.
Post your thoughts on this article below and share if you found it useful.
Get 50% off your 1st box today!
Join monthly or select a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription, from as little as £22.15 which includes FREE delivery. Each Sassy Bloom box has a MINIMUM Retail value of £40.00 with some as high as £70.00!
Sassy Bloom are right now offering you 50% off your first Get Sassy Monthly Box today – with Promo Code: BLOG
The information contained on this website is for general information only. Commentary, results and all other information contained on this website is not intended to amount to medical advice and should not replace the advice of a trained doctor or health professional. Sassy Bloom therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by any user of this website, or by anyone who may be informed of its contents. Always ask a midwife or medical professional if you are unsure of anything. All content within SASSYBLOOM.COM is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice. SASSYBLOOM.COM is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis or action by a user based on the content of this website, which is for information only. SASSYBLOOM.COM is not liable for the contents (text, audio, video, links or other contents) of any external internet sites or social networking groups/pages, tweets or other communication that may be linked to this site, nor does it endorse any of the user generated or other comments or opinions mentioned or advised on this or any other site.
Terms of offer:
Every single Sassy Bloom is especially tailored for your little one, consequently customers do not get to choose the products included in the boxes. Sassy Bloom will personalise every Sassy Bloom box according to your child’s age and preferences. By taking up this offer you are automatically subscribing to receive a Sassy Bloom box on a monthly basis. You can cancel this subscription at any time. Subscriptions will be charged by Direct Debit. When you first join Sassy Bloom, you will receive an email confirmation, your next payment will be due approx 4 weeks later.To cancel your Sassy Bloom boxes, you can email our customer care team firstname.lastname@example.org and provided this is confirmed back to you before the 15th of the following month – you will not be charged again. Every Sassy Bloom box has a minimum RRP of £40-£70. Sassy Bloom boxes cater from 3rd trimester of pregnancy and for babies that are 0-24 months. For any enquiries please email Sassybloom.com at email@example.com. To view Sassy Bloom’s frequently asked questions please click here. This offer is valid for new customers only, one per household, per child.Valid for Get Sassy Monthly only. This voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts, coupons, gift certificates, vouchers or promotions, including loyalty / cashback reward programmes. Sassy Bloom boxes are shipped on the third week of each month, once your Sassy Bloom box has been shipped you will receive a dispatch notification by email with your tracking number. Standard UK Delivery is included in the price and is delivery by Courier. If you require your Sassy Bloom box quickly, you have the option of selecting next day delivery on the Sassybloom.com website. Free shipping is only possible to U.K. addresses. Full terms of service can be found on www.sassybloom.com